Friday 11 March 2011

Tsunami & Earthquake - Japan


At 2 something PM today as i was browsing through the star online, i saw the latest news about earthquake in Japan...Immediately my mind reminded me of my cousin staying at Utsunomiya 100km north of Tokyo; Najiha and Azman.
I can't concentrated on my work after that and i kept clicking the refresh button to read the latest updates of the quake..and learnt how massive it was as the updates kept coming...
Fund Managers who take care of Japanese stocks at my office start 'kan cheong'ning as they afraid the the market will fall.... my colleagues start wondering near the Bloomberg terminal as it was the only source to watch videos of the quake and tsunami because our IT has blocked us from watching videos via Internet...there were Aahhhs...Ohhhsss and Oh My God kept coming as we watch the Tsunami hitting the land with major hits ...luckily our big boss was not around at that time...
At 5 PM i sms Najiha's brother asking about his sister safety.....Alhamdulillah my cousin Najiha and her husband Azman are safe and their house is still in one piece ..only their stuffs in the house were in mess....





Just sharing....

No comments:

Post a Comment