Tuesday 2 November 2010

An Episode @ 13 Floor

I can still remember...when i was a young girl...my aunt and her family rented one unit of condominium (at that time we called it flat) at 19th floor... when we came to visit them, my mom usually won't go upstairs and waited for us in the car... i always find it weird when my mom did that.....Luckily, they only rented the house for about 5 months and then move into a terrace house...

I also wonder during my mom working days (now that she is retired) why she always switched workplace once the department moved to a high rise building even though she loved working in that department....
Now that i'm older and wiser i found the answer of my mom weird behavior....its acrophobia or fear of heights...

Ironically, when i grew i older and after i was diagnosed of having anxiety disorder and panic attack...
i slowly developed acrophobia symptoms as well as claustrophobia and of course aerophobia...

My recent episode was when i'm in Malacca, i stayed at 13 th floor ....usually 13th floor was not a problem to me...
but i don't know somehow i developed panic attack just before i fell asleep....maybe it was due to stress i'm having on that week....yeah stress can trigger phobias and panic attack..... before i started to panic, my mind was racing through memories about my mom's problem with height.... my mind tried to imagine how would that be in her shoes on that time ....i don't know why i'm thinking of these things on that night....may be it was due to my stressed mind or my mental illness ?? huhu...

However, i successfully embrace and accept my panic attack episode without the help of medication....
i followed tips i read at Anxieties.com and it helps a lot......

Just sharing....

No comments:

Post a Comment